Wednesday, April 02, 2014

reading, making and cleaning.

Today in the Clear Spring School wood shop, I used the making of trains in lower elementary as my excuse to play on the new Oneway lathes, turning boilers from hickory and ash. The lathes are a pleasure to use.

My apprentice Greg helped me to move things around the shop and to clean and get ready for our ISACS accreditation team visit next week. My lower elementary school students began making trains and one finished his dragon he had started last week. One of the best things about wood shop is the children rarely have any hesitation about learning when it comes to wood.

My middle school students worked on their hiking staffs and then helped to vacuum the wood shop. Between Greg's help in the morning and the students' help in the afternoon, I am in good shape.

I am also continuing to read through the loop of my 8th book, looking for small errors and things I can fix. I am on my third reading. Today I also took more box photos to use in a gallery at the end of the book.

Tomorrow I plan to spend in my shop to get an order ready for Appalachian Spring Galleries in Washington, DC.

My 6"x 48" belt sander motor had malfunctioned and the new motor arrived yesterday. It was not something I could fix myself, so I replaced it and I'm ready to make boxes again

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment