Wednesday, July 29, 2015

at the start of day three...

I am at Marc Adams School of Woodworking for the start of day 3 of my five day box making class. Several of my students are more advanced than many might expect. Some have been in one of my earlier classes and some have watched my box making DVD more than once. So as I prepare for my students to arrive, I can walk up and down the bench room and see great progress. One box in particular stands out, as it was shaped on the outside using a cove cutting table saw technique.

One of the great things about this particular class is that students are each given encouragement to explore their own ideas, while my assistants Jerry and Doug Dale, watch each step with an eye toward safe preparation of parts.

Today I will demonstrate the use of my flipping story stick technique for the installation of butt hinges, show how to install a inlay banding on the top edge of a box, and how to cut mitered box joints.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment