Saturday, September 10, 2016

ready for guests.

I have been preparing my shop, finish room, office, and home for guests that come this afternoon from the American Folk Art Museum in NYC. There will be only 11 today, and then another 25 or so next Saturday. They planned trips to see work from their museum featured at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, AR and arranged a side trip to Eureka Springs to visit Eleanor Lux, Arkansas Living Treasure for 2016, and me, ALT for 2009. Craftsmen rarely get this kind of attention. So I have tried to make the most of it, pushing a few projects to completion, like the triptych boxes I've had in mind for years now.

I got the first set of 27 individual samples of wood completed and will install them and brass pulls on the doors sometime today before guests arrive.

As you can see, the woods of Arkansas, are diverse in color, texture, hardness, workability, and even in smell (though you can't sense that here).

Make, fix, create, and offer to others the opportunity to learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment