Wednesday, February 01, 2017

table delivered

 I delivered the walnut and white oak dining table yesterday to its new home in Bentonville, Arkansas. It was the first piece of furniture delivered to a newly built home of friends.

Today, in addition to my classes at Clear Spring School, I'll write a synopsis of lessons learned building this table to submit to Fine Woodworking as a proposal for an article.

Sawing horse back view
I also finished my prototype saw horse that we will test today at school. The twin challenges of safely holding wood as students work, and keeping tools and equipment relatively inexpensive can be met. We must arrange it so that schools have no excuses for depriving children of the opportunities they most need and that their engagement depends on.

Make, fix, create, and increase the likelihood that others learn likewise.

Sawing horse front view

No comments:

Post a Comment