Thursday, December 07, 2017

Book and DVD package deal.

Taunton Press is having a Christmas sale. Customers can use the code Gift20 to get 20% off on all orders. This is a great chance to save on my books and books by other great authors!

In addition, Taunton is offering a special package deal of my book Basic Box Making and the related DVD for a special price of $23.94. Use the discount code of Gift20 for an even better holiday savings. Many of my readers have told me that the DVD Basic Box Making is a classic that they watch again and again. The processes illustrated in it are useful for understanding the processes used in my other books, as well.

Yesterday at the Clear Spring School we took a field trip to the local Food Bank to deliver toys for holiday distribution. Our students made tops, button toys, super heroes, and toy cars, as well as an assortment of other things that came from their imaginations.

At the Eureka Springs School of the Art, I and my Clear Springs High School students installed the bottoms on Bevins Skiffs. You can see steps in our process at https://www.instagram.com/douglasstowe/

On another subject, Jim Tolpin sent me a copy of his new book From Truth to Tools. Written by Jim and co-author George Walker, and illustrated by Andrea love, it explores woodworking tools and their relationship to the exploration of physical reality. The tools of the philosopher scientist and the tools of the woodworker have common origins, and this book is one that I recommend. It would be useful to a precocious middle school child, but it is also a book that I've learned from. The book is new from Lost Arts Press. https://lostartpress.com/

Make, fix, and create. Use craftsmanship as a celebration of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment